When it comes to choosing the best headlight bulbs for your vehicle, Philips and Sylvania are usually among the top brands to choose from. These two brands are notable for producing some of the best halogen and xenon headlight bulbs for any kind of vehicle.
But particularly, a lot of drivers have compared Philips Xtreme Vision series with Sylvania’s Ultra series, with the debate on which bulb series has the highest brightness. Thus, in this Philips Xtreme Vision vs Sylvania Ultra comparison, we’d explain the differences between these two bulbs.
On a quick note, Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are less expensive than the Sylvania Ultra bulbs, and Sylvania bulbs typically last longer.
Now, let the comparison begin!
Philips Xtreme Vision Bulbs Overview
Philips is a popular brand that produces a wide variety of electrical auto parts. The brand produces various types of headlight bulbs for automobiles.
Whether you’re looking for halogen or xenon bulbs, the Philips brand produces these headlight bulb types, and there are many series to choose from.
Particularly, the Philips Xtreme Vision headlight bulbs are alleged to produce up to 130% brighter lights than standard OEM bulbs.
This is the “Catch” for most people, who buy the Xtreme Vision bulbs to replace their burned-out OEM bulbs. However, in practicality, there are other bulbs that outperform the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs.
The Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are built with xenon technology; hence, they are xenon headlight bulbs. To fix these bulbs in your car, you must ensure that your car is designed to use xenon headlights, else, you’d need to get an HID upgrade kit before you can install xenon headlights.
See Also: Shocks Vs Struts
Features of Philips Xtreme Vision Bulbs
- Built with xenon gas, so they last longer than standard halogen and OEM stock headlight bulbs. (There are some X-treme Vision bulbs built as halogen bulbs)
- The Xtreme Vision bulbs allegedly produce up to 130% more light than regular bulbs; the beam is typically whitish-bluish
- They last quite long – long enough as you’d expect from a xenon bulb (typically 1,000h – 3,000h)
- Produces up to 45 meters (147 feet) longer light beam than standard bulbs
- Finished with high precision coating and high-quality UV-Quarz glass
- Utilizes 12V and 55W – 60W depending on the model you’ve got
SilverStar Ultra Bulbs Overview
The SilverStar brand is a reputable, and renowned manufacturer of automotive products, which includes halogen and xenon bulbs. SilverStar has various headlight bulb series, but the Ultra series seems to be getting the highest attention due to their remarkable lifespan.
SilverStar Ultra bulbs are pretty expensive, but they give you the run for your money – they last relatively longer than other alternatives you’ve got.
The Ultra series is made with patented technologies engineered to make the bulbs last longer and shine brighter than its competitive options from other brands.
When you get the Ultra bulb, you get a headlight bulb that is considerably easy to use, and also shines deeper into your path. The SilverStar Ultra bulbs are mainly halogen lights, and they have a predicted lifespan of up to 2,000 hours.
Features of SilverStar Ultra Bulbs
- 100% street legal, shines very bright without increasing glare
- The SilverStar Ultra is SYLVANIA’s brightest down-road headlight
- They last quite long – longer than other SilverStar bulb series. The SilverStar Ultra lasts up to 2,000h
- Easy to install – does not require upgrade kits because they are halogen headlight bulbs
- Produces whiter light beams that go farther into the road
See Also: Silverstar Ultra Vs ZXE
Philips Xtreme Vision vs Sylvania Ultra
Comparing the Philips Xtreme Vision series and the Sylvania Ultra bulbs isn’t really too difficult to figure out. The Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs (xenon models) last pretty longer than SYLVANIA SilverStar Ultra halogen bulbs.
The reason is that halogen bulbs contain a filament that breaks down easily causing the (halogen) bulbs to die off quickly. But then, if you’re getting the Philips Xtreme Vision halogen bulbs, you’d be getting the same lifespan duration as SYLVANIA SilverStar Ultra halogen bulbs.
If you’re on a budget, Philips bulbs are sold at cheaper prices compared to Sylvania bulbs, generally.
In conclusion, you’d find great deals on Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs; they are typically cheaper. But if you need a longer lifespan bulb, the SYLVANIA SilverStar Ultra series is remarkable for lasting very long.
Both headlight bulbs produce extremely white light that goes farther and shines brighter than standard OEM bulbs.