When you buy a new car, everything looks new and neat – you love it that way, and definitely won’t love to see stains dent the interior/exterior look of your car. But the truth remains that your car would get dirty at some point.
As you use your car everyday, over time, you’d notice the upholstery and other parts of the car are getting stained. Somehow, this is inevitable, especially if you’re driving a passenger car. But not to worry, you can keep your car stain-free using any of these best car stain removers.
Regardless of the color of your upholstery, it’s only a matter of time, and you’d start seeing dirt all over. How would you deal with that?
Why Do You Need A Car Stain Remover?
There are pretty many reasons why you need a car stain remover; at least, you’d love your car to look neat and appealing at all time, but that’s not the main point here.
Let’s see the main points below!
1. Promotes Healthiness
A clean environment promotes healthiness. Since a car is always closed when you’re inside, a dirty upholstery can affect the air quality that circulates inside the car. The air would be contaminated, and that can possibly result in health issues.
Car stain removers would remove dust, dirt, as well as eliminate bad odors to keep your car neat – making a safe place for you and your passenger(s) (even if they have complex medical situations).
Related Post: How To Remove Chemical Stains From Car Paint
2. Improves Your Car’s Value
Here’s another important benefit of using car stain removers. Apparently, if your car’s upholstery or the interior is looking dirty, that’d depreciate the car’s value if you decide to sell the car. In contrast, a car with neat interior and upholstery would retain its exact value, regardless.
3. To Protect Your Car Upholstery
When you regularly use stain removers to clean your car interior, it protects your upholstery from being badly affected by direct sun rays (especially if your windows aren’t tinted). More interestingly, car stain removers tend to restore color to your upholstery.
Best Car Stain Removers
Note: This article also includes several additional tips and resources on how to use/choose the best car interior stain removers.
1. Chemical Guys SPI_993_16
- WE MEAN BUSINESS, NO NONSENSE - A powerful, versatile solution for all your cleaning needs. Removes dirt, grime, and stains effortlessly, leaving surfaces looking brand new without leaving colors, odor, or residue!
- CLEAN ANY SURFACE IN SECONDS - Say goodbye to stubborn stains Chemical Guys Nonsense Cleaner. Its advanced formula tackles grease, oil, and dirt, restoring surfaces to their original shine.
- TRANSPARENT CLEANING TECHNOLOGY - Nonsense Invinsible Super Cleaner's fast-acting formula works on various surfaces, from upholstery to engine bays, delivering professional-grade results every time.
- EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE CLEANING POWER - With Chemical Guys Nonsense Invinsible Super Cleaner; Its gentle yet effective formula is safe for all surfaces, making it a must-have for auto enthusiasts and detailing professionals.
- THE GO TO BRAND IN CAR CARE - Car lovers choose Chemical Guys, not only for the finest car care products, but the world class customer support and vast detailing knowledge Chemical Guys is more than a brand it's a lifestyle with a worldwide following
This stain remover from the Chemical Guys is one of the best to use. It is concentrated, yet diluted to meet all car interior cleaning needs. You can use this cleaner on your upholstery, and every other interior part of your car, including the carpets/mats.
Chemical Guys SPI_993_16 works well on soft upholstery and foam surfaces; it seems to be specially formulated for spot cleaning. It is fragrance free, and it’s easy to apply – even onto tires. Whether you’ve got an old dirt or it’s still a fresh stain, this cleaner would most likely remove it.
- Best prize
- Removes both tough and fresh stains
- Easy to apply
- Returns your upholstery to its factory color
- Some users allege that this cleaner is too streaky
2. Carfidant Ultimate Car Interior Cleaner
- THE BEST CAR INTERIOR CLEANER - Our Ultimate Cleaner Kit will leave your interior spotless and looking like new! It is all your car interior cleaning needs. You can safely use it to clean leather seats, cloth and fabric seats, carpets and mats, upholstery, dashboards, vinyl, and plastic! Simply spray it on, and wipe off with the included microfiber towel!
- THE ULTIMATE EXTERIOR CLEANER - Tough on dirt but easy on your paint! Safely use it as a cleaner and engine degreaser for a professional detailed look! Easily use it as bug and tar remover, bird poop cleaner and any other contaminants that sit on your paint! You can even use it to clean your wheels and tires, exhaust tips, and exterior trim pieces!
- NO SMELLS & NO SCENTS & NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS - Our Ultimate Car Cleaner was designed to be TOUGH but gentle! Your interior will simply be clean, without any unwanted cleaning agent smells, or fake "fresh" scents! Likewise, the formula is completely clearcoat safe so you can use it on your painted surfaces without worry! We specifically developed the Ultimate Cleaner to be the most versatile and easy to use cleaner for all your car cleaning kit needs!
- MADE IN USA - CARFIDANT 100% SATISFACTION - Don't take our word that this is the best in car detailing products and car cleaning supplies, if you are not 100% satisfied we will refund you in full! We are professionals! We are enthusiasts! We spent years developing our professional automotive detailing products and believe in them 100%! We use them. Our friends use them. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, we will give you a full refund! Send us a message!
- Additional Terms: leather cleaner car detailing kit upholstery car leather cleaner car detailing products car carpet cleaner auto detailing supplies carpet cleaner spray car accessories interior interior car cleaner car cleaner interior car seat cleaner car seat cleaner for cloth fabric super cleaner car detailing fabric cleaner car upholstery cleaner vinyl cleaner engine cleaner car leather cleaner and conditioner car care car supplies car care kit car care products upholstery supplies
Surprisingly, you can use this Carfidant cleaner to clean up your engine. Yes, it’s a good car interior cleaner for removing stains and dirt from upholstery, carpets, and other interior parts of a car. This cleaning compound comes in a spray can, which makes it much easier to apply.
The Carfidant Ultimate Car Interior Cleaner is fragrance free and suitable to use on car carpets and fabric materials. More interestingly, this product can serve for cleaning your car exterior – plastic, rubber, and metal surfaces, which is why you could use it for cleaning an engine.
- Removes stain from both interior and exterior components
- Easy to apply – comes in a spray can
- Can be used to clean car carpets and the engine
- Good for the price
- Not so good with cleaning exterior components
- Not so good on vinyl/leather
3. Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner
The scent is good and it does a good job in cleaning many interior parts of a vehicle. Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner is inarguably one of the best car stain removers you can get a decent price. It is advertised to clean all interior surfaces, and yes, it does that.
Made with an improved deeper cleaning formula, this car interior cleaner contains sun blocking agents to restore, protect, and retain the original appearance of your upholstery. You can use it on plastic, leather, vinyl, rubber, and glassy surfaces.
- Cleans plastic and leather surfaces very well
- Protects your upholstery from fading away
- Easy to apply (sprayable)
- You’d get two for the price of one
- Does not clean glass surfaces perfectly
4. Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant
- ONE CLEANER TO RULE THEM ALL - Rather than use separate cleaners for leather, vinyl, plastic, carpet, cloth, glass, and wood, Chemical Guys developed Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant; with just one product, you can now clean and protect virtually all interior surfaces!
- SIMPLIFY YOUR DETAILING ARSENAL - Save time and money with one do-it-all product; keep your interior fresh, clean, and looking like new; clean without worrying about damaging surfaces; clean and protect nav and touch screens too!
- MIST ON, WIPE OFF - Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant offers professional grade results and is so easy to use! Just mist on and wipe off! The unique formula contains blockers that help shield interior car parts from harsh sunlight to help prevent cracking and fading on hard plastics.
- DRY-TO-THE-TOUCH FORMULA - The premium formula wipes clean, finishes residue free, and leaves no greasy or oily feel or look behind; Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant does not add extra gloss or shine; it only restores the stock appearance to the cleaned surface. Always test surface area first
- THE GO TO BRAND IN CAR CARE - Beginners and professionals alike choose Chemical Guys, not only for the finest car care products, but the world class customer support and vast detailing knowledge Chemical Guys is more than a brand it's a lifestyle with a worldwide following
This car interior cleaner does a good job in removing stains and dirt from various car interior surfaces. It is formulated with mild ingredients, and the scent is quite accommodating. When you use this cleaner, it doesn’t leave any stain as you clean, instead, it removes existing ones.
Also, the formula contains protective agents to protect your car interior components and upholstery from fading and discoloration due to sunlight. You can safely use this stain remover on your dashboard, leather seats, carpets, and even on wood dashboard trims.
- Removes stains and dirt from various interior surfaces
- Cheap price
- Protects against discoloration and fading
- Easy to apply
- Not so good on glassy surfaces
5. Rejuvenate Carpet & Upholstery Spot Remover
- Eliminate stains, odors and residue & PH-balanced, bio-enzymatic formula specifically designed for carpet stains and stain removal
- Professional strength pet odor eliminator & Professional stain remover for dogs and cat urine – cleans pet urine, eliminates pet feces and removes pet vomit
- For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas - anywhere stains happen.
- For tough stains follow the directions, then cover with a damp cloth overnight & Simply spray on stained areas then agitate with a clean microfiber towel or sponge
- Instantly and permanently removes stains by dissolving proteins, starches and pigmentation without heavy scrubbing
As we continue with this list, the Rejuvenate Carpet & Upholstery Spot Remover is one of the best stain removers in the market. It is capable of removing stains from various car interior surfaces – mostly the upholstery and plastics. This stain remover has a mild scent, and it is easy to apply.
Read Also: Simple Green Vs Mean Green
Interestingly, this product can remove pet urine odor so that your car would scent good. Well, it’s not just for your car alone, you could use this stain remover on carpets in the house. It is “Click n Clean” compatible, which makes room cleaning much easier.
- Works on various car interior surfaces
- Unbeatable price
- Removes stains and eliminate foul odor
- Easy to use
- Some Amazon user allege the container was broken on delivery
6. Leather Honey Cleaner
- NON-TOXIC, GENTLE LEATHER CLEANER: Our leather cleaner concentrate is a natural cleaner ideal for all your leather goods. Our proven restoration formula is powerful, odorless, and chemical-free. This concentrate offers great value and makes 32 ounces when diluted with water!
- CLEAN ALL YOUR LEATHER - EVEN FAUX/VINYL: Quickly and gently removes dirt, oil, tough stains and grime from car seats, truck seats, upholstery, furniture, handbags, purses, shoes, jackets, accessories, holsters, work gloves, motorcycle gear, saddles, and tack. Effectively cleans new and old leather of all colors, including black leather, white leather, brown leather, red leather, and yellow leather. Safe for exotic leather as well!
- A POWERFUL CLEANER IN AN EASY SOLUTION: Dilute the concentrate in 32 ounces of water and apply with a spray bottle or lint-free cloth. No need to scrub or rub — simply wipe down the dirty leather and allow it to dry. Spot test on each leather item first. Not for use on suede.
- FAMILY OWNED, AMERICAN MADE, SPECIALLY FORMULATED: For over 50 years, we have specialized in making the best leather care products, including Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the #1 best-selling leather care product on Amazon. Our small family business has millions of happy customers.
- UNLIMITED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you're not happy with any of our leather products, simply return them for a full refund of your purchase price!
You will actually need to dilute this concentrate before applying it to your leather upholstery. As the name connotes, this stain remover works excellently on leather surfaces; it is not for cleaning all interior parts of a vehicle; notwithstanding, it still does a good job in cleaning most car interior surfaces.
This concentrate also works well on vinyl surfaces; in addition, the formula includes protective agents to offer protection against UV sun rays that may affect the color of your furniture/upholstery.
- Cleans all leather and vinyl surfaces perfectly
- Non-toxic, good scent
- Revives leather surface appearances
- Slightly expensive
- Only works for leather and vinyl surfaces
7. Mothers Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- Cleaner can be used in your home on stubborn stains
- Trigger spray bottle for easy use
- Environmentally safe to use
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit to your vehicle
- Easy to apply
The Mothers brand is a notable auto care brand, and this cleaner from the brand is sure to remove all the stains on your car’s interior. It works for cleaning your upholstery and other surfaces such as your dashboard and even the steering.
It comes in a spray can, which makes it easy to use, and the scent isn’t strong. Interestingly, this cleaner can remove though stains – but you may have to work it through such stains for a couple of times.
- Impressive performance on tough stains
- Works on all car interior surfaces
- Easy to apply and clean
- You need to apply it two or more times on though stains
8. Meguiar’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- DEEP CLEAN: deep cleaning, professional strength formula removes stains & odors
- REMOVE ODORS: Features Maguire's permanent odor eliminating technology*
- QUICK AND EASY: fast acting foam breaks down stains for quick & easy cleaning
- RESIDUE FREE: dries quickly without leaving behind a sticky residue
- NEW CAR SCENT: leaves behind a fresh, new car scent
Here’s another impressive product from the Meguiar’s brand. This car stain remover doubles as an odor remover as it also eliminates foul smell from inside your car. Furthermore, this cleaner dries quickly after application, and it doesn’t leave any streak.
Related Post: Is Mean Green Safe on Car Paint?
It actually gives your car a new scent after you’re done cleaning – the scent is not bad anyway. To get the best result, don’t use the built-in brush, use your detailing brush, pad, or towel.
- Cleans car upholstery pretty well
- Leaves a nice scent after cleaning
- Quick drying
- The add-on brush isn’t reliable
What to Consider When Buying Car Stain Removers
So, what are the things to consider when buying a car stain remover? We considered the following factors to make this list, and they might help you too.
When it comes to auto care products, you really should be careful of the brand you patronize. Top brands in this space include Chemical Guys, Mothers, Maguiar’s, and Carfident.
2. Other Users Reviews
The best way to know the exact truth about a product isn’t by reading the seller’s/manufacturer’s description.
Related Post: What Pressure Washer Nozzle Is Safe For Car?
User reviews would tell you the real truth on how a product works – the good sides and the bad sides. So, consider and evaluate users’ feedback before settling for a product.
How To Use A Car Stain Remover
It is preferable to clean your car interior on a sunny day; however, that’s not a standard, you can do the cleaning any day and any time you wish.
Although instruction on how to use the car stain remover you bought would be printed on the container body, here are the general steps it takes.
- Remove large debris, cans, and dirt from your car (sweep the car floor and vacuum the car)
- Now, spray or pour the car stain remover onto a microfiber towel or detailing brush and apply/rub it on the stained surface
- Rub/apply gently and allow it to sit for a while
- Depending on the type of stain remover you bought, there may be a need to further clean off the applied surface using another clean rag (some cleaners may dry away)
- If you could still see the stain, reapply the cleaner
- Repeat these steps to clean all stained areas of your upholstery or other interior parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Car Interior Cleaners The Same As Car Stain Removers?
In action, they are the same; a car interior cleaner is formulated to remove dirt and stains from the upholstery, dashboard, and other parts of the car. Hence, whether a product is called a car interior cleaner or a car stain remover, the product a simple function – remove stains and keep your car interior clean.
2. Can Car Stain Removers Damage Upholstery?
There are rare cases where this can happen – a car stain remover damaging your upholstery or another part of your car interior. Well, this happens because of the ingredients used in making the car stain remover formula.
Hence, it is important to pay attention to the ingredients used in making any product you decide to use on your car paint (exterior) or the upholstery (interior). for example, using a car stain remover formulated for only leather/vinyl surfaces on a fabric or glassy surface can cause a damage.
3. Can You Use Car Stain Removers On Tires?
Yes, most of them work on metallic and rubber surfaces, so you can use them to remove the stain that has been on your tires or the rims for too long. Some of these cleaners are also good for home use – moving stains from carpets.
Related Post: Best Swirl Remover for Black Paint
These car stain removers are really good and they deliver a good job in keep your car interior free from stain and foul smell. If your favorite car interior cleaner/stain remover isn’t listed, let’s hear about it on the comment section.
Have a great day ahead!