Pennzoil oil filters are among the best in the market, and they are highly recommended for drivers that use Pennzoil motor oils – it’s more like a complement.
The Pennzoil brand has been around for many decades and has had shifts in ownership; it produces a variety of auto products ranging from oil filters to engine oils, mainly.
Typically, the most notable brands are the actual company that produces their products – they outsource. So, who makes Pennzoil oil filters? Well, the answer is a bit complex, as Pennzoil didn’t specify who makes their oil filters.
However, looking at the oil filter body, it appears the filters are made by Purolator.
Brief Facts About Pennzoil
Pennzoil started off in 1913 as an independent firm that produces a variety of automobile products. It is an American brand, first headquartered in Pennsylvania (where the company was founded initially). The company acquired Quaker Stake in 1998 to form a Pennzoil-Quaker State Company merger.
However, today, Pennzoil is owned by Shell PLC (owned since 2002) as a brand of the conglomerate. The current headquarters of Pennzoil is in Houston, Texas, United States.
Pennzoil is one of the top brands in the market when it comes to motor oils and oil filters. The brand has pretty many products in the market.
Who Makes Pennzoil Oil Filters?
- Full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- No other leading motor oil provides better wear protection for your engine (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Helps protect engines from loss of power and provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Keeps pistons dramatically cleaner than required by the toughest industry standards (Based on ILSAC GF-6 and Sequence IIIH piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30)
- Delivers unsurpassed sludge protection to help keep high-performance and luxury car engines as close as possible to factory clean (Based on Sequence VH Sludge Test using SAE 5W-20)
From the inception of the company, all its products were made in its facilities. However, after Shell Plc acquired the Pennzoil brand., it’s actually not certain who makes their oil filters.
But then, looking closely at the oil filter casing, one could see a somewhat Purolator logo, which kind of indicates that Pennzoil oil filters may be a spin-off of Puros.
Also, on a closer survey, it appeared that Quaker Stake, Pennzoil, and Shell oil filters are made by Honeywell and Purolator. Pennzoil oil filters are made in Purolator’s manufacturing facilities in the United States.
The oil filters are made to a standard – Pennzoil’s standards, so they are high quality and durable; also, you can use them on any vehicle they fit into.
Pennzoil Oil Filters
Pennzoil oil filters typically last long – up to 10,000 miles and can capture down to 10 grams of contaminants. Practically, the filters are about 98% efficient compared with other oil filters from competing brands.
A lot of drivers prefer Pennzoil filters because they offer maximum engine protection – keeping out dirt and grit from any type of motor oil.
The most popular Pennzoil oil filter is the Platinum HE oil filter. This filter is recommended by Pennzoil for virtually all passenger cars and light trucks, as it exceeds OEM specifications and industry efficiency ratings.
Pennzoil Platinum HE oil filter is engineered with an exclusive synthetic-blended two-ply gradient density filter media capable of capturing 99 percent of engine oil impurities. The Pennzoil Platinum HE oil filter is made with cutting-edge technologies and materials, which include:
- A silicone anti-drain back valve protects against dry starts
- Superior and well-defined filter media to engine oils cleaner than standard oil filters, thus, making the engine run better
- PTFE-impregnated NBR sealing gasket for ease of installation and removal
- A steel spiral-wound center tube and end caps
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Pennzoil Oil Filters Made In The United States?
Yes, Pennzoil oil filters are made in the US in Purolator manufacturing plants located across North American states. Pennzoil oil filters are distributed worldwide; you’d find them in many online and offline stores in different countries across continents.
Is Shell and Pennzoil The Same?
Pennzoil was an independent firm until it got acquired by Shell Oil in 2002. So, now, Pennzoil is a brand of Shell Oil – complementing the Shell PLC conglomerate. While Shell and Pennzoil are two different brands, they are owned by the same parent company, and their products have so much similarity.
How Many Types Of Oil Filters Does Pennzoil Have?
There are two major types of oil filters offered by Pennzoil: Pennzoil Regular Spin-On filter and Platinum HE filter. However, the Platinum HE filter is the most popular type and is sold globally in many online and offline stores.
Who makes Pennzoil oil filters? Purolator makes them in the United States. Pennzoil is a brand under Shell Plc., and its oil filters are remarkably strong and durable.