White, bright bulbs are inarguably the best for driving in low-light conditions and at night. But then, the stock headlamps that come with your car may not offer you as much brightness as you want; hence, you may want to consider getting Halogen headlight bulbs.
Halogen bulbs are practically the best headlight bulbs you can have installed in your car. They are incredibly bright, and in the US, you can still use Halogen bulbs on your vehicle.
Sadly, picking the best halogen bulbs can be quite challenging, which is why we’ve prepared this list, showing you the brightest halogen headlight bulbs to buy now!
Why Halogen Bulbs?
Halogen bulbs are bright bulbs; they are produced using halogen gas, a glass filament, and a thin tungsten filament.
The bulbs produce white light with yellow tints, some halogen bulbs may have blue tints. A lot of drivers prefer halogen bulbs because of the “whiter” light they produce.
Getting a new halogen headlight kit to replace your burned-out LED or stock halogen bulbs is an ideal option because halogen bulbs are pretty brighter, and they last longer than other bulbs (not all of them anyway).
Another reason to prefer halogen bulbs is that they let you see the road clearly without blinding oncoming.
Brightest Halogen Headlight Bulbs
1. Philips CrystalVision Ultra Bright White Bulb
- Powerful performance, brilliant white light
- Always replace in pairs to ensure a symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road. Headlights dim over time
- Up to 60% more vision, for a safer drive
- Headlights that enhance the style of your vehicle while offering improved performance compared to standard bulbs
- DOT Compliant. Application-High beam, Front fog
The Philips CrystalVision Bright White bulbs are outstanding 12V, 55W bulbs that produce extremely white light just like HID bulbs, yet they are very affordable. These bulbs are available in different models and versions, which are vehicle-specific.
Philips CrystalVision offers enhanced performance – pretty much better than stock bulbs. Also, they go farther, maintaining focus and crisp white lighting so you can see a few hundred feet clearly.
- Produce bright and crisp white light without harsh glare
- Focused light beam
- Lets you see a few hundred feet distance clearly
- Easy to install
- Lacks blue tints
- It Burns out pretty too quick (within one year)
- Not compatible with some vehicles
2. Piaa H11 Xtreme White Plus
- 4000k Bright White Color for Visibility and Style
- Heat Resistant Quartz Glass for Long Life
- XTRA Technology for Increased Light Output
- Aerospace Alloy Filaments for Durability
- Select DOT / SAE Compliance for Street Legality
The Piaa H11 Xtreme White Plus bulbs are apparently whiter and brighter than stock headlight bulbs. Rated 4000k for the color temperature, these bulbs lets you see very far ranges without affecting the view and sight of oncoming drivers.
Each of the halogen bulbs in this Piaa series is built with a reliable heat-resistant quartz glass for long-lasting use. Also, the XTRA Technology helps to increase light output. When bought from verified retailers/stores, you’d get the manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
- Extremely bright and goes farther – clearly – into the dark
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Easy to install
- Lasts longer than many alternatives within the price range
- Pretty expensive
- Some negative reviews about the unreliability and very short lifespan.
3. OSRAM H1 Night Breaker Unlimited
- H1 Bulb size; Up to 35 meters longer light beam than a standard bulb resulting in better visibility and an increase in reaction times; results will vary
- Up to 110 percent more light in comparison to a standard bulb for a comfortable and less fatigue drive; results will vary
- The partial cobalt coating of the glass body contributes to up to 20 percent whiter light; Do not touch bulb with fingers as it may shorten life span
- The pleasant light effect produced makes night time driving much easier and less tiring
- The patented blue ring coating helps to reduce back glare. 3400K Color; Eye-catching design with partial blue coating and silver cap
These 12-Volt, 55-Watt halogen bulbs are surprisingly impressive and easy to install. Also, for people who love aesthetics, the bulbs have quite an eye-catchy design. The OSRAM H11 headlight bulbs are practically among the brightest halogen bulbs you can get right now.
With a rated color of 3400K, these bulbs shine deeper and brighter with blue tints – making you see clearly what’s in front.
These bulbs give you up to 35 meters longer light beam – focused, whiter, and extremely bright – to improve your visibility in low-light conditions or while driving at night.
The OSRAM H1 bulbs are up to 110% better and brighter than standard (stock) headlight bulbs. However, they do not last as long as you expect, especially if you continuously touch the bulb (itself) with your fingers – probably during the installation.
- Outstanding performance, much better than standard bulbs
- Eye-catchy design
- Easy and fast to install
- Produces focused white light beams
- The manufacturer alleges that touching the bulb with your fingers reduces the lifespan.
4. SYLVANIA H11 SilverStar Ultra
- Lights Dim Over Time, Replace In Pairs: Be sure to replace both H11 headlights at the same time for optimum performance. If one bulb burns out, the other isn't far behind. Replacing in pairs allows for premium visibility
- Brightest H11 Headlight Equals Most Downroad Visibility: See all aspects of the road better with Sylvania's premium headlight bulbs, the Ultra Night Vision performance headlight
- Whiter Light For Added Clarity: Patented Tri-Band Technology helps provide the whitest H11 light compared to Sylvania OE bulbs. Improve contrast and object visibility such as street signs and road hazards
- Sleek Style and Improved Safety At Night: Replace your standard H11 bulb for this bright white halogen headlight that will increase your vehicles night time driving experience
- The Sylvania Standard Of Quality: With over 100 years in business, Sylvania is the world leader in automotive lighting for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and the aftermarket
The SYLVANIA brand is a popular headlight bulb manufacturing company, these halogen bulbs from the brand produce a high-focused white beam for clearer night driving. The bulbs are built with tri-band technology to produce brighter lights, much more than stock LED bulbs.
There are two bulbs in each pack; so you can easily replace any bulbs that burn out. Particularly, the Ultra Night Vision headlight from SYLVANIA is pretty much better and whiter than the Sylvania OE bulbs.
Replacing your headlights with the H11 SilverStar Ultra would give you brighter contrast without blinding other drivers coming toward you.
- Product from a notable premium brand
- Clearer white beam with blue tints
- Easy to install
- Available in pairs
- Good price
- Shorter lifespan compared with other alternatives in its price range.
5. GE Nighthawk Sport 9006
- GE NIGHTHAWK SPORT headlamps provide up to 50% more light than GE standard halogen headlamps to let you see what's ahead
- Update the look of your car with this sytlish blue-white light that improves visability and provides better contrast in the dark
- DOT (Department of Transportation) compliant for street legal lighting
- Easy to install in minutes. Replaces standard 9006 low beam or fog bulb. Just plug them in and go.
- Look to replace headlamps in pairs to ensure uniform light and life performance
The Sport 9006 bulbs are part of the GE Nighthawk halogen bulb series. While these bulbs are not the “brightest” in the series, they are among the top three models that last longer.
Replacing your burned-out headlights with these halogen bulbs not only gives you more brightness but also adds a touch of style and class to your car.
GE Nighthawk Sport 9006 produces clean, blue-white light for more visibility and outstanding contrast while driving in low-light areas. It is approved by the DOT, so, having this bulb on your car is 100% legal. There are many size options to choose from, and yes, the bulbs are vehicle-specific.
- Shines better and better than OEM bulbs
- Crisp white beams that don’t hurt the sight of other drivers
- Good for the price
- Easy installation
- It is not the brightest model in the GE Nighthawk headlight bulb series
6. HELLA H7TB Standard Halogen Bulbs
- Get the best lighting performance and an increased visibility and comfort on the road compared to basic bulbs
- Original equipment quality bulbs you can trust from a global leader in automotive lighting technologies for more than 100 years
- HELLA bulbs guarantee best functionality, optimum fit and long lasting customer satisfaction
- HELLA recommends that you always replace in pairs to ensure symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road as head lights will dim over time
- To increase a bulbs lifetime never touch the glass when installing the bulb. Either use gloves or paper towels for proper installation
Here’s another impressive halogen bulb to replace the stock headlight bulbs that come with your car. The HELLA H7TB bulbs are powerful and rated 12V. 15W, and 3200K color temperature.
Yes, these bulbs shine so brightly, but without blue tints; if you really love blue-tinted halogen bulbs, you can get the “Premium” model of this bulb.
This Standard model has a rated service life of 560H, which is the highest in the Hella H7TB series. The selling point of these bulbs is the unimaginably cheap price.
- Great price
- Shines very bright and goes farther
- Emits white, clean beams
- Not so bright as other options from competing brands
- Although they are rated to last long, some users allege that the bulbs died sooner than they expected.
See Also: Philips Xtreme Vision Vs Sylvania Ultra
What Happens When You Touch Halogen Bulbs?
It is advisable never to touch the bulb’s glassy part with your fingers, it reduces the lifespan; hence, even though the bulb may be rated to last for a long time, it may only last for a few months.
How Do You Pick The Best Halogen Bulb For Your Car?
There are many types of halogen bulbs. Hence, when buying a new one, you have to pick the one that matches your car model, make, and year. If you check a particular halogen bulb’s series and you can’t find the one for your car, check other brands, and don’t choose a random bulb, it won’t fit.
How Long Do Halogen Headlight Bulbs Last?
Most times, the lifespan of the bulbs is clearly written down on the packaging. But if you can’t find the information, halogen bulbs typically last up to 1,000 hours, or 2 years depending on the model and brand you bought.
Are There Brighter Halogen Bulbs??
Sure, there are many of them. Reviewed in this article are the top six brightest halogen headlight bulbs you can use to replace the burned-out ones you’ve got at the moment.
You can get these halogen bulbs from Amazon online store or your local auto care shop that sells verified and original headlight bulbs.
These are practically the brightest halogen bulbs to have in your car and they are easy to install; plus, they come in pairs.